Requirements to join:
All potential members who wish to accept a membership into a fraternal organization must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be a full-time student at the University of South Carolina (12 credits or more per semester), and have a minimum 2.75 GPA as provided by records in the Registrar’s Office (including institutional and transfer credits) or be an incoming freshman.
2. Must register online for fraternity recruitment.
3. Must participate in at least one community service event between Move-In Day & Bid Day sponsored by Fraternity Council, the campus, or one of the social fraternity chapters. Please complete the Fraternity Council Recruitment Service Form to submit to the Fraternity Council in order to receive credit for the community service requirement. Please make sure you get signatures at the service project you have attended by the appropriate agency. The Recruitment Service Form can also be found under Forms and Applications. This form will be due at bid day.
* See the Leadership and Service Center if there are any events that they are hosting and you may be interested in attending (i.e. Service Saturday, Etc.). Please remember these programs are for the entire student body and spacing can be limited.
4. Must pay $60 recruitment fee ($40 in advance online, and $20 at bid day).
5. Participation in Fraternity Recruitment Orientation is HIGHLY recommended.
6. Must participate in one of the educational presentations (attendance will be confirmed and multiple sessions will be offered during informal recruitment week).
7. Observe the no-alcohol policy during the recruitment activities.